Property Client IT Case Study
Independent estate agency – In business since 1981.
They now have 4 offices across West Sussex. Two managing partners run the firm whose strong code of ethics includes honesty, integrity and customer service and it is understandable that they look for the same traits in their suppliers. However, the company had run out of patience with the incumbent IT company whose level of customer service left a lot to be desired.
The client were experiencing issues with connectivity which were reducing output and delaying essential email communications relating to time sensitive contracts. When they did have service their offices were being bombarded with unwanted spam that further reduced efficiency. Data was also at risk due to an intermittent back up system that was on-site and vulnerable to theft and fire.
Our strategy was quite simply to improve productivity, efficiency and the online experience by introducing new technology, a new back end system and migrate to cloud-based technologies to ensure trouble free continuity.
Each office was traditionally treated as a separate business. There was a server and aging back end technology in use at each site. This isolated communication and collaboration between the partners, staff and offices. Adding to the problem, each server was close to permanently shutting down. This was amplified by the continuous disruption in connectivity, often spanning several days.
Due to ineffective security measures when the client did return to connectivity they were flooded with masses of junk and spam.
There had to be a better way. Along came LMS…
These issues required a big answer so LMS Group recommended a complete overhaul of their IT and designed a new system that would ensure the client would always have connectivity. The recommendations included:
- Migrate the old IMAP email system to LMS CloudMail using a hosted Microsoft Exchange Server — this increased mailbox sizes from 2GB to a whopping 125GB each.
- Setup MailProtect for email filtering and AntiSpam.
- Migrated data from on-site servers to Dropbox for Business; this provided much better flexibility and file versioning.
- Create a ‘one office’ business so that staff can hot desk between sites and have full access to their files and emails.
- Upgrade the whole infrastructure with new super-fast FTTC internet connections provided by LMS Group, new routers and gigabit switches.
- Secure LAN-LAN-VPN inter-office connectivity for redundancy.
- Real time workstation monitoring incorporating Managed AntiVirus, Patch Management and also Web Protection.
The client were looking for an IT company that they could rely on to take away the problem of unreliable connectivity and poor customer service. The business deals with time sensitive contracts relating to the biggest investments their clients will ever make.
The system exceeds the brief in several different ways, employees and directors can move from office to office and have access to their emails and files. The client now have an IT partner who is as committed to their ideals of honesty, integrity and customer service as they are.
Click and book a Free IT Infrastructure Assessment worth £1,500!
Service Delivery KPIs February 2019
Average Waiting Time
Reactive Tickets Closed
Same Day Fix (Calls)
Same Day Fix (All Sources)
Overall SLAs Met