Generic Ethernet Access
(GEA or EoFTTC)
Generic Ethernet Access uses FTTC and FTTP technologies to provide an internet connection with a set SLA that’s dedicated to your business. Compared to other dedicated connectivity options, it offers a lower installation cost and quicker installation, but also delivers strong internet speeds.
Generic Ethernet Access (GEA) or Ethernet over FTTC (EoFTTC) is a new addition to business internet technology that bridges the gap between leased lines and traditional broadband. Using FTTC (fibre to the cabinet), it enables businesses to enjoy the benefits of wide area ethernet services without having to pay for the laying of expensive fibres. It can be ready to go within under a week (if you’re lucky, normally 21 days!) and comes at a fraction of the cost of many other connectivity solutions.
GEA/EoFTTC is delivered over the BT Network and is built on VDSL technology, delivering speeds of between 1Mb to 20Mb. Choosing Generic Ethernet Access through LMS offers a range of benefits
- Reliability- using cutting edge IP technology, we’ll monitor your connection 24/7 to make sure you get the best possible service
- Cost effectiveness-our close partnership with leading UK carriers to give you unbeatable value for money
- Quality performance- we use the best quality routing equipment to keep you seamlessly connected to locations anywhere in the world
- Access to our expert advice and knowledge whenever you need it
- Requires no additional space- uses direct fibres within your existing exchange and a standard copper PSTN line
Click and book a Free IT Infrastructure Assessment worth £1,500!
Service Delivery KPIs June 2019
Average Waiting Time
Reactive Tickets Closed
Same Day Fix (Calls)
Same Day Fix (All Sources)
Overall SLAs Met